list subject

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Dec 11 16:40:43 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 01:43:08 AM +1030, Tim
(ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au) wrote:

> Les Mikesell:

> > Errr, no, that's the point.  I don't know that list when what my
> > mail client presents is the subject lines of unread messages and
> > the list is not polite enough to identify itself there.  Your
> > solution seems to be to do a lot of grunge work with hidden
> > fields.  Mine is simpler - just use a screen big enough to display
> > what you want to see.

it's smarter, too, isn't it? Spend ~100/200 bucks for a bigger monitor
which dissipates more energy (=extra cost and pollution) instead of
tweaking one's environment. Not to mention how kind this sounds to
those who can't afford a bigger monitor.

There are tons of reasons to buy the biggest monitor one can afford,
but this doesn't look one of them.

> That's all very well when *YOU* have a screen that can accommodate
> [miles-of-crap], and completely antisocial to all of those who can't.

+1. Please don't mess with subject lines.

	Marco
--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Free Software!
http://digifreedom.net