list subject

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:12:32 UTC 2007

M. Fioretti wrote:

>>> Errr, no, that's the point.  I don't know that list when what my
>>> mail client presents is the subject lines of unread messages and
>>> the list is not polite enough to identify itself there.  Your
>>> solution seems to be to do a lot of grunge work with hidden
>>> fields.  Mine is simpler - just use a screen big enough to display
>>> what you want to see.
>
> it's smarter, too, isn't it? Spend ~100/200 bucks for a bigger monitor
> which dissipates more energy (=extra cost and pollution) instead of
> tweaking one's environment.

But if you buy a new one it will most likely use less energy than your
old one (depending more on age and design than size).  And it's more
likely to be a wide layout.

>  Not to mention how kind this sounds to those who can't afford a bigger monitor.

I apologize for that, but I also often read my mail on a old treo with a
160x160 screen and still prefer the lists with visible tags because they
make it easier to navigate seeing just the sender and subject.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com