list subject

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 02:21:29 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 11:22 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Doesn't that mean you have to jump around in the folders whenever a
>> new message comes in or you want to reply to something?   I don't have
>> time for that.
>
> Oh cobblers!  Unless you have a really crap client that's not a time
> consuming thing to do.  It's far quicker to switch over to the Fedora
> folder to read all the new Fedora mail, minus the other stuff
> interspersed.

Why should I care whether I read one fedora message, then a Centos
message or 2 fedora messages in a row?

> Scrolling through an inbox with 300 new messages a day is time
> consuming, finding the broken apart parts of threads is time consuming,
> managing an inbox with 3479 messages sitting in is time consuming.

I rarely scroll anywhere - the new messages are on top and I read down,
mostly  deleting as I go.  And my mail client will reassemble a thread
in the rare case that there are earlier ones that I'd need to make sense
out of the most recent. I want the mailer to bring the messages to me
instead of me having to go find them.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com