It Works fine... System lockups with F8 and Firefox

David L. Gehrt dlg at inanity.net
Wed Dec 12 02:32:49 UTC 2007

This is what happens when you try to assist Karl  Larsen:

> Around 12:29am on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen
> scrawled:

> >    Steve your just a old man that is still pushing the really stupid
> > idea that if it was not invented at Fedora it is crap. This binary
> > with

You  get an  ad  hominum attack  back.  For  the  record I  do not  know
Mr. Searle or his age but I AM "...just a old man...." I am 66 years old
and so my NIH goes back well  before Fedora.  I have learned NOT to feed
Karl the Troll.  If we stop responding to the (mostly) worthless posting
he makes he  will go away and pester the subscribers  to some other poor
list.

> Where did I ever say "that if it was not invented at Fedora it is
> crap"?  You won't find that - I have never said or believed that.  So
> you are a liar.  And you are rude, xenophobic and stupid.  Add one
> more to the total of people who have given up trying to help you.

Hear, hear!  I remain surprised  there are still regular readers of this
list who are  still willing to risk this sort of  response from Karl for
attempting to assist or inform the person.

> > It works just fine and a person on this list put me in touch with

> If it works just fine, why did you say your machine crashes after a
> few minutes?

> > it. The things Fedora try to do to keep up an rpm with Nvidia
> > software coming with kernel updates is a silly way to do things. The
> > binary I use works on ALL Linux. This is what the people at Nvidia
> > want.

> Why do you make such ridiculous statements.  How can you accept
> GNU/Linux, and then say that Fedora producing open source software is
> "a silly way to do things"!  Nearly everything you write is both
> stupid and wrong.

Regular readers of the Fedora list  may recall that I earlier said I was
not going  to get into this  mess again, so  I am sorry that  I couldn't
restrain myself. I will try to stray out of this in the future

dlg