Hello Everyone.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 12 15:16:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 20:21 -0700, zeeshan nadeem wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
>           My Laptop has Dell Wireless LAN Card. My home network is
> using WPA-Personal (PSK) type of encrytion. Hope this helps.
>
> Thank You
> zeeshan.
Well hopefully your NIC device driver module is loaded. Check lsmod and
lpci to see if that is true.
Make sure NetworkManager and NetworkDispatcher is working.
Then in the upper right corner of the upper panel you should see the
icon for the nm-applet. Left click on it and you will see the available
APs. Click on the one you want and enter any necessary passphrases and
may be the password for the gnome-keyring.

If any of these steps confuse you or cause trouble ask about it.
War is never imperative. -- McCoy, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net