Red Hat News - it's probably Classmate

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 13 21:24:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 09:12 -0700, Robin Laing wrote:

> I don't think the Classmate is a direct competitor for the OLPC as it
> requires to much power to keep running.  Not much use in the third
> world
> where there are no local outlets.
Qaddafi has ordered a million of them I think. However, Negroponte made
the correct analogy on NPR one day. He was answering whether he thought
competes with his machine, He made this analogy. If the UN World Food
Service was supplying a small village in Africa and suddenly McDonald's
showed up supplying food. The UN would not feel done in. They would just
go to another village.
after all the point is to bring machines of food to undeveloped venues.
If Intel wants to do it fine.

I am anxious to get my XO machine. It has features that Classmate can't
match. I think of it as a big iphone but more powerful. It also does not
cost $500.

YOW!! Now I understand advanced MICROBIOLOGY and th' new TAX REFORM
laws!!
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net