fedora and notebooks?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Dec 13 21:48:37 UTC 2007

Dean S. Messing wrote:

> I took think the pad is a wee bit sensitive to the touch when I'm
> banging away at the keyboard.  Sometimes my thumb will brush it and
> (at least w/in emacs) the "point" will just to where the cursor sits
> and I'm now entering text in the wrong place.  Thank goodness for the
> powerful "undo" features of emacs.   Solution: thumbs up!

Touchpads are misnamed; they don't require touch. There's some kind of
proximity detector involved.

> (I also learned to type on my mom's old Remington, with the green
> plastic keys.  What a great old piece of machinery!)

Imperials were rather popular in my youth. At the bank, at certain times
of the day, we queued for the NCR full-keyboard adding machine. We
became adept at adding in our head, two columns of digits at once. I
started a week after we went to decimal currency, I have no idea how
they managed LSD.

--

Cheers
John