CiscoVPN freezes F8 (x86-64)

Srdan Tosovic tos at prip.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 13 23:28:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:12:49 +0100 (MET)
"Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen" <joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While on my i686 CiscoVPN-client works fine, on my x86-64 system it
> freezes the whole system when trying to make a connection to the
> server.
>
> I'm running Fedora 8 with the latest 2.6.23 kernel from updates. I
> tried several versions 4.8.x of the Cisco-client.
>
> Does anyone has a tip on getting a "working version" of the
> CiscoVPN-client.

The version 4.8.00.0490-k9 works fine for me on F8 x86_64.  I had to:
1) Apply the patch from
http://tuxx-home.at/projects/cisco-vpnclient/vpnclient-linux-2.6.22.diff
2) After compiling, fix the permissions of cvpnd:
chmod 4111 /opt/cisco-vpnclient/bin/cvpnd

Hope this helps,
Srdan