list subject

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:44:02 UTC 2007

Ric Moore wrote:

>>> Use a filter, like the ones that come with most email clients, or just use
>>> procmail.
>> Everytime I have done that I end up letting the mailing list messages
>> accumulate in a folder and stop looking at them, that's why I like to have
>> them in my face, but with the mailing list subject so I know where it
>> comes from.
>>
>> Oh well....
>
> Why not just filter on the send-to of the message? Works for me, Ric

How would you do that in a way that doesn't alter the sort order of the
messages or screw up subject threading if you reply but lets you know
the associated list?  And will it still work when you POP a copy onto a
treo or similar smart phone?

And while we are on the filtering subject, the one thing I would like to
have modify the sort order or priority is whether a message is in a
thread where I have responded earlier.  Are any mailers smart enough to
catch those even in the cases where the replies are forced to the list
and don't end up showing a CC: for me?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com