OpenOffice 2.3 - Sun Version - Will It Run Under Fedora 8

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Sun Dec 16 16:18:51 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 11:56 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 11:18:49 -0500
> Rick Bilonick <rab at nauticom.net> wrote:
>
> > I have OpenOffice 2.3 installed under Fedora 8 from the Red Hat rpms.
> > Will the official Sun version of OOo work under Fedora 8? I know in the
> > past there have been problems getting the official version to run under
> > Fedora.
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/openoffice-fedora/index.html

I need to install OOo 2.3.1 under Fedora 6.

I followed the directions (which were easy to follow) and when I ran
soffice:

no suitable windowing system can be found

To fix this selinux problem I executed:

> chcon -t textrel_shlib_t libvclplug_gen680li.so.1.1

in /opt/openoffice.org2.3/program

or you can just execute:

> chcon -t
textrel_shlib_t /opt/openoffice.org2.3/program/libvclplug_gen680li.so.1.1

OOo runs just fine. When I had installed 2.2 on my own, there was a
problem with fonts - the fonts only worked correctly from root.

Rick B.