Any easy way to get DVDs onto my video iPod with Fedora?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Dec 18 07:34:31 UTC 2007

On 17Dec2007 09:03, Thomas Cameron <thomas.cameron at camerontech.com> wrote:
| $SUBJECT says it all.  I have a relatively new video iPod and I don't do
| Windows unless I absolutely, positively have no other choice.  I've been
| syncing my mp3 collection just fine using gtkpod, but have really never
| looked at doing DVDs.
|
| Is there a "preferred" way to rip my DVDs to my video iPod using Fedora?

We like handbrake. It has a pretty Mac interface but also comes for
linux:
  http://freshmeat.net/projects/handbrake/

I invoke it via a wrapper script:
  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/hb

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I can't imagine how counterproductive those MPAA clips before movies
have proven to be. It may be that you have not yet been insulted by one
of these, but the only way to one-hundred percent guarantee that you
will be harangued thus for piratical acts is to enter a theater and see
movies legally. - Tycho Brae, _Penny_Arcade_ 15jun2005