won't dual boot: 2 disks and LVM

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Dec 18 18:03:03 UTC 2007

On 2007/12/18 15:10 (GMT) michael apparently typed:

> I'm looking for a solution for (re-)installing WinXP on my slave disk
> when I have Fedora and LVM on the master disk. In the past I've opened
> up the box and unplugged the Fedora/LVM disk in order for WinXP to
> install okay. But this seems much too drastic. Even swapping disk order
> (in BIOS) doesn't help - WinXP installation sits there "forever" when
> checking current config.

> Whilst I cannot find any definite reference stating "MS WinXP cannot
> handle LVM" it does seem to be the culprit.

> Anybody got any such definitive references or other help?

It might help us help you to see the output of fdisk -l for each disk.

This might be of some use understanding:
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/install-doz-after
--
"   Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409