About japanese character set and language package

王鹏 forwangpeng at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 06:05:17 UTC 2007

We have the same problom, but this problem have been solved in some japanese
company, their character set is sjis(shift-jis) on their Linux(I don't know
the version).
"Shift-JIS, also known as MS Kanji or SJIS, is an encoding system for
Japanese characters, developed by Microsoft Corporation."
Maybe, they use RHES, it contain this character set, but FC version not.

2007/12/20, Mitsuho Iizuka <m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com>:

> Hi,
>
> From: "ÍõÅô" <forwangpeng at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: About japanese character set and language package
> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:20:48 +0800
>
> > If you create a file name of œi¹È.txt on your FC7 system. I see ¥¹¥Ä¥Æ¥©.txton
> > the XP side?
>
> I don't remember your first mail. And I'm a japanese, I use FC7
> everyday, however recently I give up exact kanji filename display
> from the other OS. So I always rename those files as I wish. WinXP
> deploys SJIS code. I guess code difference causes these problems.
> I'm not a character code expert. What is your problem ?
> Tt might be good to say 'put it in ascii!'.
>
> Regards,
> // M.Iizuka
>
> --

ÒÔÉÏ¡£