Fedora Documentation Group

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 08:13:17 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 6:04 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Karl Larsen wrote:
> >>>
> >>    I have heard and can refer you to the messages on the Groups list
> >> if you read it.
> >
> > I read it and I don't see it. Can you point me the mail in the archives?
> >
> > And I would like to know what version of Fedora the people
> >> signing up are using. On F8 so far it has been inpossible.
> >
> > There was atleast three confirmations that the process works fine in
> > Fedora 8.
> >
> > Rahul
> >
>     Excellent! Tell me how they did it please.
>
> Karl
>

> --
>
>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>         Linux User
>         #450462   http://counter.li.org.
>    PGP 7025 BB6C 7CC3 CFE7 43B2  1574 3279 EBB0 B626 2B7E
>
> --

Hi Karl Larsen!

I am considering becoming understanding enough to contribute to Linux.
 I am glad to hear that the documentation group is mature enough to
pursue excellence.

I "lurked" for over a year on this list.  Then I used it to solve a
couple of problems that I myself had.

I very well understand that while I am not quite a newbie I am very
far from expert.  I am glad that people are patient enough and care
enough to correct me when I am wrong or going about things in a manner
which offends others or could not be understood by them.  I am not
saying that I am not hurt by their doing so, correction always stings.
 I am saying that they are helping me to become one who can contribute
well and be honestly appreciated for what I do.

I would guess that they got on the team by being humble enough to work
with the team, by demonstrating an understanding of the workings of
Fedora, the audience which will read the documentation, and the
language and format that will communicate to them what they need to
know efficiently.

I am glad you love Linux Karl.  Me too!

May we both contribute well!

Tod