Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 08:36:21 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 11:34 PM, Mat <fedora at voxmobili.com> wrote:
> Greetings Fedora users.
>
> I'm currently upgrading a machine from an oooold version of Fedora (core
> 3) to current. I'm up to FC4 at this point.
> I have a I2O raid controller that was working fine in FC3 but for which
> no module gets loaded at startup in FC4. Loading the i2o_block module
> manually works though.
> I don't need the module loaded in the initrd as this isn't for the root
> partition, but I can't for the life of me remember how to load it during
> startup (before my /data partition gets mounted obviously).
> I suppose it's somewhere in modprobe.conf, but beside that...
>
> In case it matters, here's the output from lspci -v for this card:
>
> 05:02.1 I2O: Adaptec (formerly DPT) SmartRAID V Controller (rev 02)
> (prog-if 01)
>     Subsystem: Adaptec (formerly DPT) 2400A UDMA Four Channel
>     Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 225
>     BIST result: 00
>     Memory at dc000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
>     [virtual] Expansion ROM at dfb00000 [disabled] [size=32K]
>     Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
>

> Any help would be much appreciated! :)
>

> --

Hi Mat!

Since I really do not use this too often so I will refer you to the man pages:

modprobe - program to add and remove modules from the Linux Kernel

SEE ALSO
       modprobe.conf(5), lsmod(8), modprobe.old(8)

Also, you might consider saving your info, providing an efficient way
to restore what you have if you need to, and then simply do a fresh
install.  My guess is that creates a bit of a hassle restoring all of
the user preferences and information, but that it will actually take
less time and be less hassle than upgrading from v3 to v8!  I have
noticed that there are quite a few issues that show up doing upgrades.
 Also it is a good way to be sure that anything that got infected or
corrupted is not carried through into the new system.

Have Fun!

Tod