FC8 + GeForce 6150 + Samsung SM226BW monitor, anyone?

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Thu Dec 20 18:08:00 UTC 2007

dondi_2006 wrote:

> 1) admittedly OT: what is the maximum DVI (not VGA) resolution of
> that board/chipset, regardless of OS? Can it drive a 1680x1050 LCD
> monitor? I asked here because this is not clear from the online specs
> I've found

This will depend on the amount of video RAM you have on that board.

But I have driven a 1680x1050 samsung at > 16-bit colour with a 128M
nvidia 5700le so yours may well work.

but the only way to be sure is to "suck it and see"

> 2) Regardless of how to install them, are the drivers for that
> chipset (and the X shipped with FC8) able to drive its DVI output at
> 1680x1050, that is are they able to fully use that specific monitor?

if the chipset can do it (I suspect yes) then they will (assuming enough
 video memory)

Regards

Stuart