Fedora Core 6 No More

Akhil Kapoor akhil.kapoor at homecall.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 12:52:33 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 23:57 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2007 11:17 PM, Kevin J. Cummings <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:
> > "Rahul Tidke" wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >     I have been using fedora core 6 in production since its launch, I have
> > > applied all the software and kernel updates till data using software
> > > updater. As redhat/fedora announced its (core 6) end of life; I am doubtful
> > > about continuing its use in future??
> > >     I am satisfied with the performance so far, iptables and selinux
> > > (enforcing/targeted) are configured properly.
> > >  My question is
> > >
> > >  1) Shall I continue using this version or shall I upgrade to Fedora 8??
> >
> > This is the usually recommended path.  I plan to upgrade my .i686.fc6
> > laptop to .x86_64.fc8 just as soon as I finish sorting out all of my
> > server issues from its fc5->fc8 upgrade.
> >
> > >  2) What actually end of life means??
> >
> > It means that RedHat will no longer be providing any more updates of any
> > of the .fc6 RPMs.  You are stuck with what you have.
>

> It's means that the COMMUNITY will no longer provide updates
>

> --
> Fedora 7 : sipping some of that moonshine
> ( www.pembo13.com )

Hi I am using FC5 still on my production and test systems. I refrain
from upgrading it. As I do not apply new software is in a stable
environment there is no need to apply any updates even. This was when
FC5 was still supported.

If the need ever arises to update then I shall be considering centos as
they do not change that often.

Akhil Kapoor