Does F8 Unity respin do upgrades? -- jigdo snag

Beartooth Sciurivore beartooth at swva.net
Sun Dec 23 21:00:54 UTC 2007

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:53:40 +0000, I Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:
[...]
> 	So : advice please!
>
> 	Do I want to learn enough jigo to get by with, and hope to manage
> a clean burn? (I can try Brasero, K3B, and Nautilus.)
[...]
	On starting to read up about jigdo, I seem to have hit a big
snag : IF (very large if) I'm following the man pages aright, it isn't
ready yet!

	It's this way : I downloaded jigdo-lite from the nice people in
Berlin, and tried to do rpm -ivh; rpm wanted a bunch of dependencies, and
I copied & pasted them all into a yum install command.

	But yum didn't get libcrypto.so.5 nor libcurl.so.3 nor
libssl.so.5; and rpm naturally refuses to proceed without them.

	Catch-22? Wait for the wave? What?

	There doesn't seem to be any other way to get the .isos any
more ...

Fedora 8; Alpine 0.99999, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.20, Opera 9.24, Firefox 2.0