Http access to SVN, anyone?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 03:56:50 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On Sunday 23 December 2007 10:45:57 pm Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>>> Thanks for persisting.
>>> I thought before I got no entry in the httpd error_log,
>>> but now I see I do get a response:

>>> [Sun Dec 23 22:01:19 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] ModSecurity:
>>> Warning. Match of "rx ^((?:(?:POS|GE)T|OPTIONS|HEAD))$" against
>>> "REQUEST_METHOD" required. [id "960032"] [msg "Method is not allowed by
>>> policy"]
>>> [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "localhost"] [uri "/svn/Penrose"]
>>> [unique_id "QF0MPsCoAgEAACM5LWkAAAAB"]
>>>
>>> Is it obvious to you what this message means?
>>> I'll probably be able to work out something if I study it.
>> I thought someone earlier mentioned problems with a recent fedora update
>> of mod_security.  I'm running under Centos and don't see this.
>
> Sorry, I was being silly.
> I saw the note you mention and took the perverse decision
> to _install_ the mod_security package.
> I see now that these messages in the httpd access_log
> are just repeating more loudly that the PROPFIND method
> is "not allowed by policy".

That looks specifically like a mod_security error to me.  What happens
if you 'yum erase mod_security'?  If that doesn't help, try adding
Indexes to the Options permitted (the default settings only allows them
under /var/www/html) and they might be needed if you are referencing a
directory - I'm not really sure how webdav handles that.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com