fglrx 7.12 resolution problem

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 24 11:42:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 10:00 +0100, Christoph Höger wrote:
[snip]
> forget about modesetting, somehow fglrx won't accept that. So to get
> back my sharp resolution I had to switch to VESA (radeonhd, we are
> really waiting for you!)

Afaik the widescreen bug (16:9 screens) was noted in the 7.12 release
notes. Revert to 7.11 if you want your original widescreen resolution
back and wait yet another month for the ati developers to fix this
appalling regression. Or try the ati or radeonhd driver. The ati driver
works fine for me on F8 & a X1300 mobile GPU. Suspend/resume even works
properly but it does not have 3D acceleration.

Regards,
Patrick