Need a fetchmail guru (JoAnne D.?) who's been using it to pop his/her gmail

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Dec 25 00:04:56 UTC 2007

On Monday 24 December 2007, Les Mikesell wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> But, since gmail now permits imap access, why not go that route instead
>>> of having to download/store the messages yourself?
>>
>> Cuz then I'd have to read lkml from firefox, whereas everything is now
>> handled by kmail.  Habits are hard to break.
>
>I'm missing something here.  Why can't you send everything to gmail and
>read from anywhere with any mailer that does imap?  I'm still using
>fetchmail and my own imap server but only because I set it up before
>gmail supported imap.

I have embarked on the journey to imap on 2 or 3 occasions here, but have
totally failed to make kmail, running as a normal user, even find the imap
repo.  And its a possibility I didn't have that setup correctly either.
There needs to be an 'Imap for big dummies' book written I guess.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)