rtsp is not a registered protocol

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 01:03:33 UTC 2007

I wanted to watch to videos on booktv.  I decided to give realplayer10 a
try.

Using a 32-bit browser (flock), the embedded browser works OK.  But, click
on Stand-Alone player, it wanted to open totem.

I don't want totem anyway (I used kde), so I did yum remove it.

OK, but now, click on 'stand-alone player', gives a box:
rtsp is not a registered protocol

I tried re-installing realplayer, but no help.  How do I fix it?  I have no
clue where this rtsp protocol is supposed to be registered, and why it
isn't by installing realplayer.