Mounting SD card with specific encoding

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 10:06:41 UTC 2007

On 26/12/2007, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
> > I think you are using F8.  You may want to try allowing it to be
> > automounted.  I'll try using the options on F8 when I have time...but just a
> > bit busy as of now....  Unless you think there is no need for me to try
> > things for you.
>
> Oh, forgot....  You are using Ubuntu....
>
> Well, it works fine in Fedora.  So, maybe you should start to inquire on the
>  Ubuntu lists.

I wrote to the debian-laptop list instead. As a Debian-based distro,
the debian folks have no problem with Ubuntu questions, so long as
it's not total newbie stuff.

> FWIW, the mount commands I used in RHELv4 worked just well on F8.  Don't
> think I have a vmware Ubuntu system.

I really appreciate all the help in figuring out what to do with this
thing. Although I've yet to get the drive properly mounted, I've
learned a lot about the mount command and filesystem encoding in
general. I appreciate the time that you've taken to try things out,
and to guide me.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il