Need a fetchmail guru (JoAnne D.?) who's been using it to pop his/her gmail

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 26 12:02:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 12:44 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> One other thing I'm noticing while in the process of this little
> catchup exercise, is that quite often the kmail 'remove dups' function
> isn't catching near all of them.  The reason is that the subject
> lines, particularly those that were relayed through vz, are often
> mangled by additional spaces or tabs at about the 60th character.  Is
> this something I should yell at vz over, or just a fact of life?

Well, subjects should not be changed in transit.  The only changes that
should happen are adding a re when replying, or fwd when forwarding, or
rewording the subject if you've radically changed tack, but all of
that's done on the client doing that action.

So, yes, I'd complain.  Then, I'd ditch the notion of using an ISP's
crappy mail system when you can easily use a much better server,
elsewhere.  I only use mine's SMTP server.  According to fetchmail, my
ISP's POP3 server regularly goes on strike for a whole day, or longer.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.