how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Dec 26 16:52:08 UTC 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> >   by the way, the above is still not annoyance-free:
>
> OK....
>
> So, I gather from all of this that the existing documentation,
> links, and whatever doesn't measure up to what you need or expect.
> Would that be a fair summary?
>
> Is the question then, how can documentation be improved for the
> average user?

all i'm suggesting is that it took an inordinately long time to figure
out what should have been a two-minute exercise.  i'm guessing that,
in most cases, readers aren't interested in a long-winded overview of
things -- they just want to know what commands to run to get
something done, which is all i wanted in the first place.

in short, what people might want is a fedora "cookbook" with tight,
concise recipes that just plain work, out of the box.  if they choose
to read up later on the underlying operations, then that's their
choice.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA