What's the cause of these dependency errors?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Dec 26 12:49:20 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 06:39 -0800, Dean S. Messing wrote:
> With the discussion about FC6 being dead, I thought I'd do a last yum
> update of my beloved FC6 laptop.  (The last one was 6th December.)
> For some reason new versions of the 3 packages
>
>  kdenetwork-extras
>  kdebase-extras
>  kdeutils-extras

Dean,
these 3 were never part of Fedora Core 6 or Extras.  Were you using the
kde-redhat repo?  If so, that's likely it.  We (kde-redhat) never updated
FC6 pkgs after kde-3.5.7.

Quick-n-dirty fix:
yum remove kdenetwork-extras kdebase-extras kdeutils-extras

and then the usual update procedure should continue more smoothly.

-- Rex