CVS is dead

Martin Marques martin at marquesminen.com.ar
Thu Dec 27 17:28:42 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt escribió:
> On 27/12/2007, Martin Marques <martin at marquesminen.com.ar> wrote:
>>>
>> AFAIK, migration to git is on it's way.
>
> But Git is not Mercurial. ;)

Any of the 2 are far better then CVS! :-D

> Whether migration to Git is on its way, I can't tell. The Fedora Wiki
> feels like a labyrinth and is slow to search. Switching Fedora Package

Ahhh, they are looking to migrate the wiki as well. :-)

MoinMoin is hell.

> CVS to another SCM system is a controversy for several years. Whenever

I think you are confused.

The migration is for internal, but public, use. Specifically to maintain
revision of packages (spec files) of Fedora and maybe also of Redhat in
general.

You will always find packages of CVS, Subversion, git, Mercurial,
Monotone, Bazaar, etc. in Fedora so there shouldn't be any controversy.

> it happens, it will make a small target group happy and will be
> considered a nuisance by many others (especially those who've tried to
> advocate their favourite SCM system). I hope Fedora leadership will
> not unleash something half-baked onto the volunteers.

I hope I was clear.