Something Wicked (with my hdwr clock) This Way Comes

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu Dec 27 23:51:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:18:23 -0800 (PST)
"Dean S. Messing" <deanm at sharplabs.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what any this means. "hpet" is the "high precision timer"
> and the
>
> hpet_resources: 0xfed00000 is busy

HPET huh? I am absolutely ignorant of the issues on this, but
I'm pretty sure I remember much cursing coming from the linux
kernel guys at work over HPETs. You might want to see if you
can find a linux kernel mailing list archive you can search
on the topic of HPET, perhaps something useful will crop up
(though every time I try to search lkml all I get is 100000
or so hits in the bodies of patches which contain no useful
text - someday I need to figure out if google can be induced
to ignore hits from inside things that look like context diffs).