USB

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Dec 28 20:13:41 UTC 2007

Dr P Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did copy a FC4 working machine to a usb external disk before update.
> However, I wanted to boot on this clone but I am still working to find a
> way to have it work.
> I am using lilo.
> Can I find a clear example or a clear documentation on how to setup
> up the lilo.conf file.
>
> Thank.

We would need some more information:
Does your BIOS see the USB drive?

Are you planning to boot this drive using boot from USB option, or
do you want it as an option from another boot loader?

Have you built a new initrd for the F4 disk with the USB and
usb_storage modules?

Have you edited /etc/fstab to reflect that you are using a separate
drive?

Mikkel