DIR_COLORS, How to change blue to a darker blue, such as "Navy"?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Dec 28 21:19:59 UTC 2007

On 28Dec2007 11:22, Duane Clark <fpga at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Duane Clark wrote:
>> Oh, I should mention. After making a change in that file, type the command
>> 'xrdb ~/.Xresources', and then open another xterm window, and it should be
>> using the new resources.
>
> Argg... sorry, that should be 'xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources'.

And for testing purposes you can go:

  xterm -xrm 'property: value' ...

without hacking the resources file at all; when you have what you want
you put it in the file for persistence.

And lot of these new fangled apps like gnome-terminal don't support the -xrm
option, but _all_ the older apps do because it's part of the standard X11 app
option parsing library.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

When a man rides a Motorader he stays forever young.    - German saying