lite-scribe question.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Dec 28 22:14:42 UTC 2007

On Friday 28 December 2007, Beartooth wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:37:22 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> My LITE-ON drive does both sides of the disk.
>
>	Which lite-on? I have the DVDRW SOHW-832-S. With brasero, it
>didn't see any disk (these are cheapo bulk DVD-Rs) when one side was up,
>and told me the other was unwriteable -- with two disks. With K3B, it
>says it has written the .iso, and is verifying it. I haven't tried any
>other app yet.

Talking about the label side here, lite-scribe disks have a generally gold
colored burnable surace on the top side that can have a label image written
on.  Its also slower to burn than the regular data side, at least here.

They are also in the 2 to 3 buck range per disk, not quite your basic $29 a
100 packs in spindles disks.  Darn it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)