Java problem

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 18:01:33 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
> David Boles wrote:

> I just have to ask you Karl. What OS or Linux distribution natively
> includes Sun Java? What OS or Linux distribution natively includes the
> Nvidia drivers that you install?
>

>    I do not know. Unbuto has Nvidia drivers that worked on my computer.
> But it was not perfect. I expect Windows which doesn't change kernels 5
> times a year, could have the driver within but not sure it does.

Microsoft supplies a generic Nvidia driver that works with all Nvidia
cards. Similar to the one provided in the Linux kernel. If you actually
buy the card, in a box, drivers are supplied on a CD. But not current
one. Just as with Linux if you want the newest, 3D drivers you have to
go to Nvidia, find the correct ones, and install them.

The difference is that if you have already installed better drivers you
have to uninstall them, reboot to the Microsoft provided one, install
the new one and reboot to the newer ones. Then configure them.

Microsoft does not provide Java on their disk. Actually they provide the
operating system only. It does have some built in features but nothing
really great. You get a real deal with the Linux OS/software when you
install.  ;-)

- --

  David