wireless connection not working

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Dec 29 22:49:03 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 23:35 +0100, Colin Brace wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 8:12 PM, Jan Brosius <jan.brosius at skynet.be> wrote:
>
> > Intel Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN
> > Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
>
> First thing I would do is check dmesg to see whether the iwl3945
> kernel module is getting loaded.
----
As I recall (and I was hoping someone more experienced with wireless
would pipe in here), it's probably easier to install NetworkManager and
switch between that and Network when you switch from wired to
wireless...

if not already installed...

yum install NetworkManager

*** for wireless ***
system network stop
system NetworkManager start
system NetworkManagerDispatcher start

and then use 'Administration => NetworkManager' to manage the wireless
interface

*** for wired connection ***
system NetworkManager stop
system NetworkManagerDispatcher stop
system network start

and you should be working again on wired connection

I don't know if I have the right names for NetworkManager and if I am
giving you the full picture since I don't do this myself and yes, this
is kind of a sloppy way to do things but probably the best way to
proceed on F8 system that switches from wired to wireless and back.

Craig