Java problem

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 05:38:50 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
> ----
>> Says whom? Fedora is a test bed for Red Hat RHEL.
> ----
> I'd be interested to see what evidence you offer for this besides just a
> gut feeling. I've seen similar comments but they seem to be spouted by
> people who simply don't know anything empirically. I haven't seen that
> comment made by anyone from Red Hat but perhaps you have and can point
> out a link to me.

Go through the fedora mail list archives and note how the system
stabilizes and complaints stop a few months before a new RHEL release.
Then compare the program versions in the RHEL release to what fedora
users were running.  You'll find a couple of surprises out of the
thousands of packages.  RHEL4 including mysql5 would be a notable
difference to the FC3 contemporary; adding the Sun jdk to RHEL4/5
updates after the release would be another.  And look at the problems
mentioned on the mail list as major changes begin again in the following
fedora version.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com