Installing Fedora without Gnome using the DVD

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 30 19:22:06 UTC 2007

Michael C wrote:
> I've had a look into this, and it seems that the command removes a fair
> bit more than just Gnome ;)

It would remove anything dependent on GNOME/GNOME libraries which is
probably quite a lot.

> Just as a matter of interest, if I were to install Fedora 8 using the
> KDE Live Media CD, would there be any means of controlling the fonts and
> font sizes used by Gtk apps other than via
> (i) the gtk-qt-engine, which currently causes havoc in OpenOffice by
> making icons and menu entries disappear, or through
> (ii) the Gnome Control Center, which is a component part of, erm, Gnome...?

There is ongoing discussion about exactly this at

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-December/msg01788.html

If you have problems with the gtk-qt-engine you should file them in
upstream bugzilla.

Rahul