[Fedora] Seeing input on Securing the Linux system from intrusions and attacks.

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Dec 31 04:09:32 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>>
>> Not so well done, I was quoting from the Fedora website. It was RHEL
>> which I found harder to discern.
>
> Well since you were quoting from Fedora website, that's what get the
> attention.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/rhel/features/ certainly talks about security
> features and http://www.redhat.com/security/ has more information.  Is
> there anything in particular you were looking for?

I wasn't looking so much for security about the various products, but
what their key features are, in the view of their suppliers. Security
isn't the only desirable feature, or necessarily even the most desirable.

As I've already said, I'm fairly happy with RHEL-clones' security though
it does bite sometimes, but security is not the top concern of either
Fedora or RH.

Most (of the popular) Linux distros and the three major BSDs all do a
fine job on security, _but_ not all of them are driven by that.

NetBSD, OpenBSD and Engarde Secure linux sites mention it on their home
page.

--

Cheers
John