VMWare repo

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Feb 6 23:12:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Also, it seems that I do not have VMWare Tools installed. All the info
> that I can find leads me to believe that Tools should be installed
> with Server. Is this not correct? If not, how does one go about
> installing Tools? I don't see it on the VMWare download page.

VMware Tools is a package for the guest, not the host.  Once you have
built your VM, start it up and install VMware Tools.  There's a button to
do that which works unattended in a Windows guest, but requires a bit of
handholding in a Linux guest.  There's documentation at vmware.com.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences