tetex FC6[SOLVED] Yupeeee!

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Wed Feb 7 16:32:27 UTC 2007

Matthew Saltzman a écrit :
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, [ISO-8859-1] François Patte wrote:
>
>> Timothy Murphy a écrit :
>>

>>> There hasn't been any change, as far as I can see.
>>>
>>> Did you try (as I suggested)
>>> 1. texhash (as root)
>>> 2. texconfig
>>> 3. "kpsewhich foo.tex" if your file is foo.tex
>>> 4. "kpsewhich texmf.cnf" to see what config file your TeX is using.
>>> Then look at this file, and see if there is anything wrong with it.
>>

>> And, unfortunatly, it is not a victory: I opened a new account, moved
>> all my datas on this account, bebuilt my configuration....
>>
>> I'm quite sure that something has been changed in the way FC6 handles
>> config files/directories because I have a dual boot system with FC4
>> and FC6 and *same* /home for both. The problem occured only under FC6....
>

> If creating a new user solved the problem, then the problem was specific
> to the old user's config.  Look at the differences between the old and
> new users' .texmf-config/ and .texmf-var/ directories.

Yes this a problem of config, *but not* with these directories because
the problem was only under FC6 with or without these directories in the
home-dir. BTW texmf.cnf has the same TEXMF environment variable so, if
the problem was related to these directories, it should have been the
same under FC4.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique