mouse wheel grabs focus

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Feb 9 09:22:52 UTC 2007

Henry Ritzlmayr wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> whenever I am using the mouse wheel in an non active window this window
> automatically gets the focus. Can this be disabled?
>
> Scenario:
> I am typing in kwrite while having firefox opened. Now I want to scroll
> within firefox not loosing the focus in kwrite.

The simple answer is "AFAIK, no".

When you want to scroll within firefox you need to move your cursor over
firefox for firefox to react to the wheel.  If firefox does not become the
window with focus then the wheel and buttons of the mouse remain attached to
the active (kwrite) window.

--
I love you more than anything in this world.  I don't expect that will last.
		-- Elvis Costello