accessing shell when gnome locks up.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 27 14:55:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 07:59 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> These days you'd be much more likely to have another computer or
> laptop with an ethernet connector available than a serial terminal or
> cable with the right-sized, right-gender ends.  If you don't have a
> hub, use a crossover ethernet cable to connect and use ssh.  Or get
> wireless working and forget about all that nonsense.

Can you use that sort of thing, though, for when debuggers would have
been providing information out the serial port?  Or when you'd have been
using a serial console managing bootup?

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.