fixed 2.6.19 kernel package?

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 18:08:19 UTC 2007

On 2/1/07, Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu> wrote:
>   Does anyone know when a new FC6 kernel package will be released
> to fix all of the problems that the current 2.6.19 based package
> has? Are they just waiting for 2.6.20 to be released first? I ask
> because I need to install a new machine next week and it would
> be nice if a current stable kernel package was available based on
> 2.6.19 or 2.6.20-rc's. Thanks in advance for any information.
>                      Jack

Jack, I do not have an answer to your question but out of curiosity:
Does the new machine require a new feature/fix or do you want the new
kernel just for the sake of getting the latest and greatest?  I'm
asking because it seems that there have been more breakages in the
latest kernel releases than improvements, especially with regard to
older hardware.