The Case of the Missing Characters

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Feb 2 01:40:25 UTC 2007

On 01Feb2007 16:57, kwhiskerz kwhiskerz <kwhiskerz at hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]
| Yes, I notice that hotmail is not wrapping the lines correctly. They jsut go
| on and on. How come?
[...]

Interestingly, I examined this last messasge of yours. The HTML half
has nice paragraph breaks. The plain text part has no breaks. I'd say
hotmail is completely mangling its "rich text -> plain text" conversion,
and that's reason enough to discard it (or find a way to post using a
better tool than the web interface).

One approach may be to connect a non-web mail reader to your hotmail
account. Does it allow POP or IMAP access? If so, you could connect
something like thunderbird (or getmail or fetchmail, depending on your
mail setup) to the pop/imap service, and set up your outgoing email to
use your hotmail address on the headers.

That would let you keep and use your single address which using a better
mail client to work with it.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/