The Case of the Missing Characters

kuiskers kuiskers at telus.net
Fri Feb 2 03:05:26 UTC 2007

On February 1, 2007, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> You can set it to offer POP and keep the
> messages in GMail as well. Then you can set KMail to suck messages from
> your GMail account just as for your telus account, and reply using your
> "published" address (whatever you end up deciding to use - probably not
> your ISP, since that may change).

I have never used the pop forwarding (whatever it's called) that gmail, yahoo
and msn offer.

Is there a risk that I could get a lot of spam into my provider account if I
tell them my email address?

I don't want google to know about my provider, because I suspect that by
telling them too much, they will be able to determine my true identity
(likely they know it anyway). Same goes for msn (especially) and yahoo, too.

I feel that if one makes the connections between 'identities' and email
addresses and services one uses online clear, then companies can put the
pieces together easily and figure out who you really are.

That's why I refuse to use google toolbar and yahoo toolbar and don't like to
have them remember my search terms, etc.

I am not involved in viewing or participating in anything immoral, whether
legal or not, but I don't feel that it is any of their business what I am
interested in.

I wear Levi's, but levis doesn't know what book I am reading, which operating
system I use, what music I listen to, and that I think aishwarja rai is sexy
and that I want the colts to win the match on Sunday.

--
kwhiskerz{