The Case of the Missing Characters

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 2 04:48:06 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> You're using Linux, you can use your own machine to handle all the
>> different accounts.

kwhiskerz{:
> Hey, I never thought of that! It is fantastic. I just checked and
> yahoo has pop. I think gmail does, too. Apparently, hotmail only
> offers it if you pay, that's what the help says.

Depending on what country you're in, you'd have to pay for Yahoo, too.
In Australia, we can get it for free.  I don't know if you can use
another country's POP3 server for Yahoo go get around that.

> Is there another way to access hotmail to get it to your own
> computer?

There are some proxies for doing so, but I've never tried it myself.  I
suppose you'll have to Google for hotmail proxy, or other similar
keywords.

If you just have a hotmail account for MSN messenger, you can ignore the
mail side of things.  I use it for that reason, ignoring its mail.