The Case of the Missing Characters

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Feb 2 06:37:23 UTC 2007

On Fri February 2 2007, kwhiskers{ wrote:
> Yeah, like ya sure have to be careful with knail about which identity is
> sending! hahaha
>
> I thought if I just set the smtp transport for the identity then all would
> be fine, but kmail doesn't necessarily choose the correct identity when you
> hit reply :-)

KMail has some pretty powerful tools for configuring and managing multiple
email accounts, and it takes some learning. Let's assume you've created a
filter in Kmail to send all your fedora-list traffic into a subfolder. Let's
assume you've also set up a number of identities (I set up a separate
identity for each email account, and configure the sigs differently for
example); you could then right click on that folder, and in the properties
for that folder, you could choose which identity would be used for all
replies to mail originating from that folder. Now, that's just scratching the
surface...

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA