[Fedora] Re: Remote VNC install

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Feb 2 22:58:40 UTC 2007

Rick Stevens wrote:
> More like a "which NIC is eth1?" problem.  I don't know if there's a way
> to specify which NIC to use on the kernel line when there's multiple
> NICs installed.  Perhaps a new parameter, "hwaddr=" or something along
> that nature.

    That might be the case, however don't the devices come up in
sequence in which they're plugged into the motherboard starting at PCI1
down to however many the board has?  I've always had cards come up that
way and it's been consistently that way, at least for me.  I can always
count on eth1 being the second card on the bus.

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6