FC 6 on Powermac G5 Quad: Problem with headless booting

Sascha Frey sfrey at acs-software.de
Sat Feb 3 00:48:26 UTC 2007

Hello,

I just installed FC 6 on my Quad core Powermac G5. Because this box is
used as a server, I don't want to have a display connected to it.

With display, the systems runs fine, but without, it does not boot properly.
I'm unable to connect to it via SSH. Ping requests are answered
sporadically.

I don't know how to track down this problem. There is nothing about this
failed boot in /var/log/messages and the Powermac has no serial port,
which can be used as a serial console.

What may I do to get this machine booting headless?

Thank you,

Sascha