Tool for downloading video/audio files from YouTube

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 20:20:42 UTC 2007

> oh yeah, I gave it a try once. IMO this is really strange project. These guys
are trying to make their own player instead one that
> already works reliably. Democracy lets you pull the .flv and .mov video
files from subscribed channels but does not play any of these > - just
crashes. In the same time mplayer, xine and vlc play those videos reliably
so why not to use them as a backend?

I think you did not understand.
First, I said I fixed their rpms. It does not crash playing videos anymore.

Second, they use xine or gstreamer engine to play the videos,
and third, the application uses bittorrent technology to download the videos
with a nice interface.

Therefore, they offer a very good integration of open software tools. The
videos
are associated to channels, and any group of people can define a new
channel.

Is it experimental? Yes. Isn't it perfecet yet? Yes.
But I think it has a promising future.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ