seamonkey font problem

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 4 00:38:35 UTC 2007

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 19:02:13 -0500
Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:

> You could change under Preferences/Appearance/Fonts the Display
> resolution to 72 dpi or select other to choose a setting somewhere to
> your liking. I usually just leave it set to system settings but you

I eventually discovered that it is simpler to just lie to everyone
about the DPI of the display than to track down the obscure pref
dialogs in each app. I go into the xorg.conf file and lie about the
physical dimension of the display. I usually find if I tell it the
display is somewhat larger than half the size it actually is, the fonts
show up about right.

Of course, this doesn't help those apps that pay no attention to the
display's reported DPI, you still have to track them down :-).