FC7 Test1, No KDE!!

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 4 14:31:46 UTC 2007

jim tate wrote:
> Charles Curley wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 05:43:42AM -0500, jim tate wrote:
>>
>>> Out of curiosty I installed FC7 test 1 and noticed that Gnome was the
>>> only Desktop available, where's KDE ??
>>> I assume this a test version and it will change later, Here's hoping.
>>> NO KDE, NO Fedora on my PC.
>>>

>> Discussion of FC7 is on the Fedora Test List until FC7 is released. As
>> it happens there was some discussion of KDE there recently.
>>

> I tryed to google it and can't find any answers there.
> I new it was a matter of time before Fedora would drop KDE.
>
> Jim

Since you were discussing FC7 test 1, your question was referred to the
other list.

Anyway, text 1 is for the "Desktop" version. Later on in the test phase
should be a server version and a KDE version.

I was waiting for the "Everything" Version myself.

I guess modeling versions is the plan for future releases of Fedora.

KDE in development is in a mess currently with a lib, games and base
conflict. KDE is still there though.
rpm -q shows for FC7 test.

kdebase-3.5.5-0.4.fc6
kdelibs-3.5.5-1.fc7
kdegames-3.5.5-0.1.fc6

The strange thing is that the updates available are for FC6.

kdebase.i386                         6:3.5.6-0.1.fc6        development
kdebase-devel.i386                   6:3.5.6-0.1.fc6        development
kdegames.i386                        6:3.5.6-0.1.fc6        development
kdemultimedia.i386                   6:3.5.6-0.1.fc6        development

Jim

--
It'll be a nice world if they ever get it finished.